The Term IP Address can be described as the address of a device which is used by the device to communicate with the internet. This address is the most important thing if the device wants to connect with the internet. The IP Address (192.168.1.1) can be classified according to their protocol version, the method of assigning & behaviour. In terms of the method of assigning, an IP Address can be classified as the Dynamic IP Address & the Static IP Address. The administrator or Internet Service Provider can assign an IP Address to the device manually. Here we will discuss the details of How to assign IP Address manually? So the administrators of the local network must check the details from this article.
How to assign IP Address manually?
In a local network, the IP addresses are served to the devices through the modem or the routers. The modems or routers can assign the IP address from the IP Address range on which they operate. The network admins can also assign a specific IP Address to the devices in the network. They can assign the IP address by following a simple procedure. The details of the procedure are given below.
- First of all, the user must get the MAC address of the device for which the user have to set the IP.
- Now the network admin will have to access the admin panel of the router or modem.
- Now the admin will have to go to the DHCP Client List Settings.
- Here the user will have to define the value of IP Address & submit the MAC address of the device.
- Now the user must save these details.
Using these details the user can easily assign the IP Address manually to any device present on the Local network. This procedure will work on Tenda routers. For other routers, please follow the router Setup manual.